Thursday, November 15, 2012

Some Pictures

It's true what they say "A Picture tells a thousand words".  In my experience, those words are typically "What is going on there??"

I was going through my pictures on my phone deciding which ones to delete (I'm trying to free up some space so I can purchase season three of Avatar: The Last Airbender.... For Blake of course)

I realized that there were several that I hadn't shared. So here's a little catch up:



Blake and I walked in the Children's Miracle Network 5k.  And when I say Blake and I walked, I actually mean Blake walked 1 block of the 5k, and I carried him the rest of the way.  I wish I had a picture of this, but when he gets tired and doesn't want to walk anymore, he bends over at the waist and lets his arms hang down in exhaustion.  It was a good time nonetheless, and despite Blake's aversion to walking, he still got a medal, which made him happy.




 


Last week, I went with some friends over to the Coyote's Ice Den for some Curling lessons.  Now, when I watched Curling during the most recent Winter Olympics, I specifically remember saying to myself "Not much of an athletic sport.  These people call themselves Olympians?"

The next day, both my quads, my hips, and my upper back were eating my words. The above left shows the furthest I can go without falling over.  But I'm nowhere near how low the veteran Curlers get.....Props to them.  We had a 45 minute lesson on the history of the game and some basic verbiage.  Then we spent an hour on the ice falling over, learning, and falling some more.  After that we concluded with an hour match.  We played "4 Ends" (basically 4 rounds).  A professional match goes 10 ends, and I'm not sure I could walk after doing 10 rounds, so I'm glad they only had us do 4.  The important thing is that we won 6-0.




The other night, I walked out of my room to go downstairs, and found Blake just laying there.  I didn't hear a loud noise, so I knew he hadn't fallen.  Plus he wasn't crying, so I was curious as to what he was doing.  When I asked him, he replied "I'm just taking a break".... well there you go.





No comments:

Post a Comment