Saturday, June 5, 2010

awkward...

So, being somewhat of a blogger novice, I sometimes hit the "next blog" button on accident, when I'm actually trying to post something. It's a little awkward. Here I am, sitting comfortably in my own living room, trying to pen the inner most languishings of my heart (while USA v Australia plays on the DVR)...when all of the sudden, one mis-click of the mouse, and I'm transported to someone else's world, someone else's languishes of the heart, on a blog, not so ironically called "languishings" It's a little awkward being thrown into a stranger's blog. I don't know this person, I feel like an intruder. It's like freshman year of college when you walk into the classroom, sit down, look around, notice that "Welcome to Issues of the Womb 202" is on the white board, and suddenly realize, you're sitting in classroom RB242 instead of RB142. Just as you get up to leave the professor walks in...so you have to sit down so as to not draw too much attention to yourself. You think you can get through one class, unnoticed, and then never return again, but by about the 5th minute, you realize you're just not going to be comfortable with the subject matter, and you book it out of there. To parallel, I accidentally came across this other blog, I want to get out of there, but feel weird automatically clicking the back button. Almost as if this person would know that I came in, and left as if I had just noticed I walked into the women's restroom. (wow, maybe the women's restroom analogy works better than the drawn out "issues of the womb" class analogy...I'm not even sure BYU offers that course, oh wait... yes they do... Marriage Family and Human Development! ha ha, just kidding Friends and Sister who may or may not have such a degree ;)
anyway, I did find myself starting to read this person's blog, but had to stop after 3 or 4 lines because I just felt like such a home invader... I'm sure it's a very nice blog, written by a very nice lady, but I couldn't hang around uninvited long enough to find out.

1 comment:

  1. uh I heard that! luckily I escaped BYU before taking that class. ha ha

    ReplyDelete