Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Man up Blake!

When I picked Blake up yesterday morning, I noticed something in his hair. When I asked him what it was, Dalisa said "Hair Gel" and then Blake said, "Ya, it's Cute!"...While I couldn't disagree that my kid is hugely adorable, I think he's spending way too much time around girls and not enough time around Desert Storm Veterans. He's also gotten in the habit of crying about every little thing that hurts him...Some may argue, "well Ben, he is only 2 1/2 years old, that's what they do", but I seem to remember having a full time job by the time I was 3, so he's got 6 months to toughen up. Lack of toughness notwithstanding, He still is a freaking cute kid. He gets into a LOT of trouble and pushes his boundaries as far as he can, but at the end of the day, he cuddles up to me, and all the grief he put me through that day seems to drift away. His time outs have been coming more frequently lately, and being that he hangs out with older kids at the babysitter, he has picked up some new words that aren't exactly pleasant to hear. However, every time I discipline him, I visualize him turning to me, and saying "Daddy, now that you have reproved me with sharpness, don't you think now would be a good time to show an increase of love?" And then I just think, 'wow, for someone who can't use the potty yet, he has an incredible understanding of the Doctrine and Covenants!"
Anyway, we've got a long way to go before he listens to every word I say, but I'm sure we'll get there....after all, I was a perfect kid right, so why wouldn't I expect the same from him?? ;)

1 comment:

  1. The increase of love is the part that helps me get through the reproving with sharpness part. Sometimes it's hard to discipline a 2.5 year old (although, at other times it seems all too easy...)

    ReplyDelete