Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 1: shoulders and back...and throw up

You know you're in trouble when you get winded during the warm up to the actual exercise... But that's precisely what happened on day one. After I took a 30 second break prior to beginning any of the actual work, I was ready to roll. Tony kept saying to set goals for each set. All of the people on the video were doing sets of 25 or 30. I set goals a little further down the scale. Mine were goals like: 5 or 8 or "just do as many as u can without dying". I made it all the way thru the first round of exercises and half way thru the second when suddenly, all the water that I had consumed during the workout seemed to immediately want to exit my body thru my mouth... After the water exited as planned, I decided that was enough for day one... I texted Dave Walker to ask how many times I should expect to puke after a p90x workout. He said something to the affect of "for you, 5 or 6". So at least I have a measuring stick to go by. Tonight is plyometrics... I hear it's "intense". Why am I surprised? Well, here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment