Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Remember When...

So does anyone else have those moments when, you're driving in the car, or alone by yourself somewhere and something reminds you of a moment in your past? It happens to me all the time. Music especially brings flashbacks. For instance, tonight I was driving up to Scottsdale for a basketball game, and turned the AM sports radio show I was listening to, to FM to get a little energy for the game. Halo by Beyonce was on (one of my favorites, but that's another story). After Halo, I switched the station and Creed's "Higher" came on. I just started laughing out loud because I think of two things when I hear Creed. First is Scott Hall, he loved Creed (and may still, I haven't spoken to him in awhile). Second is a state soccer game against Mountain View. We had some student assistant coach from BYU, and on the bus ride up, he was trying to get us pumped up, so he gathered the Varsity in the back of the bus, pulled out a portable boom box, and said "Guys, for today's game, I want you all to go Higher" and he pressed play. But he had the wrong track on and "with arms wide open" came on instead. As I drove up to Scottsdale, I was laughing out loud at the pure spectacle of this guy trying to pump up a bunch of high school kids, and failing miserably as he turned on a slower song about nostalgia and fatherly responsibilities....HaHa! Priceless. We lost to Mtn. View, I wonder if it's because we didn't "go higher"? I think the only person pumped up by his speech was Scott! :) Such good times.

I mean, of all the songs people use for pregame music, I don't think Creed is ever on the play list. Period. Ahh, so funny....

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you're talking about. Di and I were listening to the first Lifehouse album the other day. We were both like "wow, this is so sophomore year!" Most the memories were of daydreaming on Dave's bed to track 12. Oh, and we were surprised by how great that album is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. Lifehouse brings back good memories. Want to feel 12 again? Try the entire Alanis's "Jagged Little Pill" album. Talk about time warp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this exact experience the other day with two songs. First, Faithfully came on. Then, right after Faithfully, a little jingle by U2 came on called With Or Without You. Holy smokes did it take me back! Just, good call on the daydreaming, that was one of my first memories as well. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I do remember that! Weren't we playing Mtn. Crest though? Anyway if I remember right we listened to the whole thing too because it was a mixed CD and he just put the wrong song on it! I never thought I would look back at a state playoff game and laugh...actually, I can laugh about every time we made the playoffs because of our awesome performances. Love you Benny Boy!

    Bradley Boy

    ReplyDelete